Enrichment activity

< Previous | Next >

Oswinw011

Chinese
The privately educated, the quintessential expression of enrichment activity, not only dominate the upper echelons of British society, so do their children. (Source:Born poor? Bad luck, you have won last prize in the lottery of life, Will Hutton )
Hi, wordreferencers:
What does the phrase in bold mean? I have some trouble understanding enrichment activity. 1.Is it some kind of activity in which the rich British class rather than the poor participate? 2.privately educated is another case of enrichment activity? Thanks for your help

• Barque

Tamil
    The privately educated,
    The [people who are] privately educated... This refers to peoiple who go to expensive private schools, as opposed to public government funded ones.

the quintessential expression of enrichment activity,
    "Quintessential" has its usual dictionary meaning. By "expression of enrichment activity" I think the writer means an example of people who concentrate on enrichment, or getting richer. But I'm not really sure.

Oswinw011

Chinese
    The [people who are] privately educated... This refers to peoiple who go to expensive private schools, as opposed to public government funded ones.

"Quintessential" has its usual dictionary meaning. By "expression of enrichment activity" I think the writer means an example of people who concentrate on enrichment, or getting richer. But I'm not really sure.
    Thank you, I think I got it. An example of the people who focus on enrichment activity is about those privately educated.

< Previous | Next >