entrare a far parte di una realtà come quella di

ehrmantraut

Italian, Italy
La frase in italiano è questa e si parla di un'azienda che cerca nuovi collaboratori nel mondo:
"ACME è alla ricerca di nuovi partner per ampliare ulteriormente la propria rete di rappresentanti nel mondo. Entrare a far parte di una realtà consolidata e qualificata come ACME è una grande opportunità."

L'ho tradotta così ma ho qualche dubbio sulla costruzione:
"ACME is looking for new partners to enlarge further its network of representatives in the world. Becoming part of such a consolidated and qualified reality like ACME’s one is a great opportunity."

Meglio "Like that of ACME"? "As ACME"? Altro...?

• Teerex51

Italian, standard
    Hi E. and welcome to the WRF.
    Since this is your fisrt post, you might be interested in learning that we still appreciate such outdated stuff as greetings and thank-yous (indeed, you could have found this out by looking at our tutorial).

That having been said, give us more context on this ACME company. Is this a service-industry or manufacturing firm? Is this the text of a wanted-ad? If not, where is it supposed to appear?

ehrmantraut

Italian, Italy
    Hi T., thank you and sorry. My name is mike and I would really appreciate some help. It's a manufacturing firm and this text should appear on its website. Thanks again.

Teerex51

Italian, standard
    • ACME is looking for new partners to further enlarge its worldwide network of representatives/distributors. This is a great opportunity to join forces with such a reliable and highly regarded organization.

ehrmantraut

Italian, Italy
    Thank you T., this construction is much better. Perhaps "join forces" sounds a bit too military. Does "become part" sound so bad? It is stronger than "take part" isn't it?

Teerex51

Italian, standard
    Does "become part" sound so bad? It is stronger than "take part" isn't it?
    No it doesn't sound bad at all—but you can't compare it with take part, which means something different. Apples and oranges.
    Are these "representatives" going to become ACME employees or will they remain independent entities while operating as distributors/sales agents, etc.?
    Perhaps "join forces" sounds a bit too military.
    I disagree. "To join forces" is a ubiquitous business metaphor and I would choose it over "to become part" in the event that such representatives retain their status as independent businesses.

oscar22

english
    I would agree with Teerex: to an English-speaker "to join forces" means simply "to team up with". I would, however, drop the "such" in the second sentence, and I also think "expand" is a better fit than "enlarge" in the first sentence.
    "ACME is looking for new partners to further expand its worldwide network of representatives/distributors. This is a great opportunity to join forces with a reliable and highly regarded organization."

ehrmantraut

Italian, Italy
    Well I understand what you mean, but the idea I'd like to recall is that of entering a family, a world, an experience, both if they become employees or just distributors...something like that.

Teerex51

Italian, standard
    Then go with "opportunity to join/become part of".

Edit:

By the way:
    the idea I'd like to recall convey is that of entering a family, a world, an experience, both if whether they become employees or just distributors

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >