equity participants

danielpsico

italia italiano
Income is increases in economic benefits during the accounting period in the form of inflows or
enhancements of assets or decreases of liabilities that result in increases in equity, other than those
relating to contributions from equity participants.

L’income è la crescita economica durante il periodo contabile nella forma di entrate o aumento dei beni (o miglioramento delle azioni) o diminuzione della passività che portano ad un miglioramento della quota di capitale (o azioni), oltre a quella che dipende dal contributo degli AZIONISTI?

I have lot of dubts about this translation and in particular about the last expression: EQUITY PARTICIPANTS.

Hope someone will help me. ciao

• TimLA

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    Income is increases in economic benefits during the accounting period
    in the form of inflows or enhancements of assets
    or decreases of liabilities that result in increases in equity,
    other than those relating to contributions from equity participants.

?????
    L’income è la crescita nei benefici/benefit economici durante il periodo contabile nella forma di entrate o aumento dei beni (o miglioramento delle azioni) o diminuzione della passività che portano ad un miglioramento della quota di capitale (o azioni), oltre a quella che dipende dal contributo
    ...dei participanti al capitale.
    ...degli azionisti.

NB: Was the English written by a native?

danielpsico

italia italiano
    I think so...I am doing this translation for a friend that is writing a thesis...do you think that this text is written badly? To me it's not very clear, but I thought it was because I am not familiar with financial terminology.

TimLA

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    I think so...I am doing this translation for a friend that is writing a thesis...do you think that this text is written badly? To me it's not very clear, but I thought it was because I am not familiar with financial terminology.

I'm not saying it's "bad", it just sounded less polished.

I'd have a go like this:
    Income is defined as an increase in economic benefit(s) during the accounting period in the form of cash or asset inflow, asset enhancement,
    or a decrease in liability that results in an equity increase, other than those events that relate to equity participant contributions.

danielpsico

italia italiano
    I'm not saying it's "bad", it just sounded less polished.

I'd have a go like this:
    Income is defined as an increase in economic benefit(s) during the accounting period in the form of cash or asset inflow, asset enhancement,
    or a decrease in liability that results in an equity increase, other than those events that relate to equity participant contributions.

I don't know what to think; I mean, your version sounds much better, but because I am not familiar with this kind of stuff, I can't really judge...thanks for your help! are you English, American...just a curiosity

Memimao

United Kingdom English
    Income is increases in economic benefits during the accounting period in the form of inflows or
    enhancements of assets or decreases of liabilities that result in increases in equity, other than those
    relating to contributions from equity participants.

L’income è la crescita economica durante il periodo contabile nella forma di entrate o aumento dei beni (o miglioramento delle azioni) o diminuzione della passività che portano ad un miglioramento della quota di capitale (o azioni), oltre a quella che dipende dal contributo degli AZIONISTI?

I have lot of dubts about this translation and in particular about the last expression: EQUITY PARTICIPANTS.

Hope someone will help me. ciao

I ricavi sono la maggiorazione economica verificatasi durante l'esercizio in forma di introiti o di acrescimento patrimoniale, ovvero le riduzioni nelle passività, e che costituiscono un incremento nel capitiale sociale diverso dagli eventuali versamenti fatti da parte dai soci

My try:)