eraser rubbish?


Senior Member
Hi all, how do you call the "stuff" that is left over after you have erased your pencil marks with an eraser?

Thank you! :)
  • Copyright

    Senior Member
    American English
    The Straight Dope forum offers these: crumbs, dust, droppings, rubberings, blatties, scum.

    On the Fun Trivia forum, you get these: shavings, scum, grit, waste.

    Not particularly liking any of these, I think I'll let my eraser shavings remain anonymous – or I would if I used pencils to make my mistakes, which I don't. I prefer making my mistakes with a keyboard, in which case I call them Backspaces. :)


    Senior Member
    English American
    We don't have a special word for it which is universally utilized. I'd say that you can describe it exactly the way you did in your post.
    < Previous | Next >