erroneous work / work full of errors

< Previous | Next >

hectacon

Hindi
Why he is getting paid heavy for such a erroneous work!
Why he is getting paid hugely for such a work full of errors!

What shall I use between erroneous and error? Or should I use defective or faulty work?

• Barque

Tamil
    I wouldn't use "erroneous" and definitely not "error", not as an adjective at least. "Defective work" also sounds odd. "Faulty" might work.

But what's the context? What sort of work is it? (There are a couple of other problems with your sentences which we can address once you give us context.)

Last edited:

hectacon

Hindi
    I wouldn't use "erroneous" and definitely not "error", not as an adjective at least. "Defective work" also sounds odd. "Faulty" might work.

But what's the context? What sort of work is it? (There are a couple of other problems with your sentences which we can address once you give us context.)
    A person who makes a lot mistakes in his work. But he is still getting good sum of money for his work. Now how can I retain my same lines. In Indian sense, he is being treated favorably because of his close terms with higher staff. <-----Hindi phrase removed by moderator (Florentia52)----->

Last edited by a moderator:

velisarius

British English (Sussex)
    Barque asked "What kind of work?", and I second that. If we don't know what kind of "work" this is, it's impossible to answer the question satisfactorily.

Egmont

English - U.S.
    As an AE speaker, I agree. You might refer to "work full of errors" if his work is data entry or translation. You would use a different word if his work is pouring concrete, driving a taxi, painting a portrait, or cooking a meal. That's why we need to know what kind of work it is.

hectacon

Hindi
    As an AE speaker, I agree. You might refer to "work full of errors" if his work is data entry or translation. You would use a different word if his work is pouring concrete, driving a taxi, painting a portrait, or cooking a meal. That's why we need to know what kind of work it is.
    office work. kind of work that take place in a office. Dealing with clients, making report, keeping record of accounts.

< Previous | Next >