Es uno de los pocos jugadores que puede llevar un equipo a sus espaldas

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by solomon524, Jul 10, 2007.

1. solomon524 Member

china
    chinese
    ¿Le gusta Cesc?Mucho. Juega en una posición muy importante en el fútbol actual, la misma que ocupé yo cuando era futbolista. Él ha aprendido mucho con Wenger. Es uno de los pocos jugadores que puede llevar un equipo a sus espaldas, sobre todo de la categoría del Arsenal.

what is the mean of " Es uno de los pocos jugadores que puede llevar un equipo a sus espaldas"especially the special mean of espaldas in this sentence.

2. solomon524 Member

china
    chinese
    muchas gracias adelante先谢了

3. LaReinita

LaReinita Senior Member

East Coast, USA
    USA (Northeast Coast)-Inglés
    He is one of the players that can support the whole team.

No estoy segurísima . . esperamos más respuestas.

4. Masood

Masood Senior Member

Leicester, England
    British English
    Hi/Welcome
    I think the English equivalent is "He's one of those rare players that can carry a team on his shoulders". This means that even if the rest of the team is not playing particularly well, he is able to excel and 'lift' the team to put in a good performance.

5. ONCEAWINNERAWINNERALLWAYS Banned

spanish...from iSPAIN
    hello, well,...It comes to my memory something aliked to "how someone who could lumber with the whole team over the shoulder, during the match's turning-point"...(in a very tightly final, for example)

If someone comes up with something better,..I'd like to be corrected..Thank you very much, in advanced