Es uno de los pocos jugadores que puede llevar un equipo a sus espaldas

solomon524

chinese
¿Le gusta Cesc?Mucho. Juega en una posición muy importante en el fútbol actual, la misma que ocupé yo cuando era futbolista. Él ha aprendido mucho con Wenger. Es uno de los pocos jugadores que puede llevar un equipo a sus espaldas, sobre todo de la categoría del Arsenal.

what is the mean of " Es uno de los pocos jugadores que puede llevar un equipo a sus espaldas"especially the special mean of espaldas in this sentence.

• Masood

British English
    Hi/Welcome
    I think the English equivalent is "He's one of those rare players that can carry a team on his shoulders". This means that even if the rest of the team is not playing particularly well, he is able to excel and 'lift' the team to put in a good performance.

spanish...from iSPAIN
    Hi/Welcome
    I think the English equivalent is "He's one of those rare players that can carry a team on his shoulders". This means that even if the rest of the team is not playing particularly well, he is able to excel and 'lift' the team to put in a good performance.
    hello, well,...It comes to my memory something aliked to "how someone who could lumber with the whole team over the shoulder, during the match's turning-point"...(in a very tightly final, for example)

If someone comes up with something better,..I'd like to be corrected..Thank you very much, in advanced

< Previous | Next >