Español: Parque de atracciones

fima13

Spanish/Catalan - Spain
你好! Hola!

¿Alguien podría decirme cómo decir parque de atracciones (funfair, en inglés) en chino?
Muchas gracias!

• charlie2

fima13 said:
    你好! Hola!

¿Alguien podría decirme cómo decir parque de atracciones (funfair, en inglés) en chino?
    Muchas gracias!
    Hi,
    I take it that "funfair" is an area with merry-go-round, Ferris Wheel, etc. If so, the term in Chinese is 遊 樂場. I won't bother you with the pronunciations, unless you really want it, or have you already asked for it?:eek: I don't speak Spanish.

fima13

Spanish/Catalan - Spain
    charlie2 said:
    Hi,
    I take it that "funfair" is an area with merry-go-round, Ferris Wheel, etc. If so, the term in Chinese is 遊 樂場. I won't bother you with the pronunciations, unless you really want it, or have you already asked for it?:eek: I don't speak Spanish.
    Sorry, for the Spanish. Thank you very very much for your response.

Is the pronunciation : you le chang? What does each hanzi mean separately?

I am really happy to have someone to answer my questions on Chinese.

Regards.

charlie2

fima13 said:
    [...]
    Is the pronunciation : you le chang? What does each hanzi mean separately? [...]
    Exactly. You're good.:)
    I assume you know that that we combine Chinese words to give different meanings. Giving you meaning of individual hanzi is just for a general idea.
    Luckily in the present case, they are rather accurate.
    you : play
    le :fun/ happy
    chang : place
    Pretty self-explanatory, right?
    Is the Cantonese term the same as the Chinese term here?
    Yes, but prononced differently.

fima13

Spanish/Catalan - Spain
    charlie2 said:
    Exactly. You're good.:)
    I assume you know that that we combine Chinese words to give different meanings. Giving you meaning of individual hanzi is just for a general idea.
    Luckily in the present case, they are rather accurate.
    you : play
    le :fun/ happy
    chang : place
    Pretty self-explanatory, right?
    Yes, but prononced differently.
    Thanks a lot!!!

Flaminius

coclea mod
    日本語 / japāniski / יפנית
    I gather 游樂園 or 遊樂園 is also a word meaning amusement park. Could natives tell which of 游樂園 and 遊樂場 is more widely used? I looked 遊樂場 up in Wikipedia and found a definition for what would be called playground in English.

Flam

Dimitri Lee

Chinese, Taiwan
    游樂園 is a typo. 游 and 遊 have exactly the same pronunciation, though the word 游 mainly means swim. People use both 遊樂場 or 遊樂園. They are exactly the same to me. I googled them and the results are 1810000 and 1720000 respectively.

Is the word "playground" also refers to places like Disneyland or Six Flags Magic Mountain?

< Previous | Next >