...,especially to/for students

< Previous | Next >

Eshymansk

Russian - Ukraine
Dear WR experts,
Could you please tell me which preposition I should use before "students": to or for?
She strongly advised to participate international exchange programmes, especially to/for students dreaming about an academic career.
Thank you for attention!
Regards,
Elena

• Barque

Banned
    Tamil
    I'd say both are possible. But "for" is probably more likely.

To - Her advice was especially directed to/at students dreaming about academic careers.
    For - Her advice was that participating in international exchange programmes was especially important for students dreaming about academic careers.

Chez

English English
    She strongly advised participation in international exchange programmes, especially for students dreaming about an academic career.

I agree you could possibly use either, but I think 'for' is best, too.

sdgraham

USA English
    The sentence is a little confusing, since it might be read "advised .... to students," which we do not use in AE.
    She strongly advised participation in international exchange programmes, especially for students dreaming about an academic career.
    :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Eshymansk

Russian - Ukraine
    I'd say both are possible. But "for" is probably more likely.

To - Her advice was especially directed to/at students dreaming about academic careers.
    For - Her advice was that participating in international exchange programmes was especially important for students dreaming about academic careers.
    Thank you!!!

Eshymansk

Russian - Ukraine

I agree you could possibly use either, but I think 'for' is best, too.
    Thanks a lot!!

< Previous | Next >