esta prueba puede visualizar espolones óseos

gabbsgou

spanish-Venezuela
Hola,

estoy traduciendo algo relacionado al "rotator cuff" (manguito de los rodadores) y tengo una duda con respecto al significado de la palabra "prueba" en este contexto.

¿Cómo lo traducirían? "proof, test, evidence?" ¿alguna sugerencia?

"Aunque un desgarro del manguito de los rotadores no aparecerá en una radiografía, esta prueba puede visualizar espolones óseos u otras posibles causas del dolor, como la artritis"

"Even when a tear of the rotator cuff will not appear on the X-rays. This test can display bone spurs and other possible causes of pain such as arthritis".

Last edited:
  • LVRBC

English-US, standard and medical
    Well, since prueba obviously refers back to radiografía, I would say, "Although a rotator cuff tear will not be seen on x-ray, this exam can show bone spurs and other possible causes of pain, such as arthritis."

LVRBC

English-US, standard and medical
    I disagree with Peter, and since this is very unusual, maybe we should mark the date. I don't think plain film x-rays are normally referred to as a "test."

bicontinental

English (US), Danish, bilingual
    Well, the radiologists seem to like the term 'study' in my experience (x-ray study) but 'exam' works well in many medical contexts, of course. (I would reserve 'test' and 'analysis' for laboratory work.)

gabbsgou

spanish-Venezuela
    Well, the radiologists seem to like the term 'study' in my experience (x-ray study) but 'exam' works well in many medical contexts, of course. (I would reserve 'test' and 'analysis' for laboratory work.)

Thanks, that's a good analysis.