estar piripi

Rebulita

Spanish-Spain
Hola, ¿podéis ayudarme? ´¿cómo traduciríais "estar piripi"? Que no sea tan fuerte como to be drunk... Gracias

• Shimrod

English - United States (Southern New England)
    Maybe "buzzed". That's what we always would use around here. "I'm not drunk yet, but I sure am buzzed."

I am sure this sort of word changes from place to place.

nabuco85

English - United States
    Both buzzed and tipsy work well. I also use them both a lot with my friends. Perhaps there are some other variants from the UK and other English-speaking parts of the world?

Rebulita

Spanish-Spain
    Gracias, chicos. Antpax, nunca he oído mellow en este contexto, a lo mejor alguien puede darnos otra pista.

kim63

United States - US English
    You could use mellow also, although people are sometimes mellow without drinking at all. Tipsy is commonly used, and almost always implies alcohol use.

Antpax

Spanish Spain
    You could use mellow also, although people are sometimes mellow without drinking at all. Tipsy is commonly used, and almost always implies alcohol use.

Thank you Kim. I asked it because I´ve read "The Mellow Tiger" as "El Tigre Achispado".

Cheers.

Ant

megustaespanol7

English, America
    Let me add that "tipsy" is something that women tend to use. I've never heard a guy say that he is "tipsy"... guys usually only use "buzzed".

viva_aotearoa

New Zealand - English
    I think that's a regional difference, because where I'm from, everybody uses "tipsy". No one uses "buzzed" in NZ :D

So it really depends on where you will be using these words and phrases, especially because they are slang and colloquial terms.