Estonian: has a soothing/calming effect upon my nerves

< Previous | Next >
Tere!
I am trying to say that I like the sound of the Baltic languages so much that I often listen to Latvian and Estonian programmes only because the sound of the Latvian and Estonian languages is like music to my ears, it has a soothing effect upon my nerves.

Can anybody help me translate the part in italics?
And, I need the same in Latvian, I guess I will open a separate thread:)

• halfminded

Estonian, Estonia
    Tere!
    I am trying to say that I like the sound of the Baltic languages so much that I often listen to Latvian and Estonian programmes only because the sound of the Latvian and Estonian languages is like music to my ears, it has a soothing effect upon my nerves.

Ma arvan, et ehk oskan ma sind isegi aidata:D

the sound of the Latvian and Estonian languages is like music to my ears, it has a soothing effect upon my nerves.
    =
    läti ja eesti keele kõla on minu kõrvade jaoks nagu muusika, sellel on rahustav toime minu närvidele.

Enam-vähem niimoodi peaks see olema...;)

Walden

Latvia, Latvian
    Tere!

Are you speaking of yourself, or are you quoting somebody else? Anyway, in Latvian it would go like this:
    latviešu un igauņu valodas manās ausīs skan kā mūzika, tā nomierina manus nervus.

< Previous | Next >