Estonian: singing revolution

< Previous | Next >

janina

Polish
Hi!
I really need help from some kind and obliging Estonians. :)
I'm currently translating an English documentary concerning the Estonian singing revolution. From time to time I can see some protesters on the screen carrying banners with some slogans. One of the banners reads: "Fosforiidist saia ei saa", and another "Paastkem veel mis paasta (don't have Estonian fonts, sorry) annab!"

Can you help me translating them, please? I'll be grateful for any hints.

• urizon9

English
    Hi,Janina! I've seen only one kind Estonian around here(Poolearuline),but she has vanished.:DHere I used some help,so it should be correct.1.Phosphorite alone can't feed us !(the concept of economy can't be based solely on phosphorite mininig) 2.Let's save what can be still saved! I hope it helped!

Last edited:

janina

Polish
    Thank you so much! You've just saved my life. I don't know if you're Estonian but you're certainly very kind!

astlanda

Estonian maamurre
    Hi!
    I really need help from some kind and obliging Estonians. :)
    I'm currently translating an English documentary concerning the Estonian singing revolution. From time to time I can see some protesters on the screen carrying banners with some slogans. One of the banners reads: "Fosforiidist saia ei saa", and another "Paastkem veel mis paasta (don't have Estonian fonts, sorry) annab!"

Can you help me translating them, please? I'll be grateful for any hints.
    "Fosforiidist saia ei saa" = You can't make a bread of phosphorite!
    (The mining would have spoiled all the main rivers of northern Estonia.)
    The other translation was correct.

< Previous | Next >