EU non-refundable support

SLAL

FARSI
Hello

Would you please tell me what the bold parts mean in the following sentence?

We consider that transformation in public management process should include new approaches on decisional and informational subsystems on long term, focusing on magnetizing private investments, EU non-refundable support and high qualified human resources.

Many thanks

• PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    An approach = a method of doing something; a system for doing something. See definition 12 at approach - WordReference.com Dictionary of English - it is always worth checking the dictionary first.

In EU non-refundable support each word has its literal meaning.

The English sounds as if it is a translation, and not a good translation. What is the source of your example? Do you have a link? :thumbsup:

Keith Bradford

English (Midlands UK)
    • Approach is in the WR Dictionary, definition no.7.
    • EU non-refundable support means financial aid from the European Union which the recipient doesn't need to give back - i.e. it's a gift, not a loan.

I agree with PaulQ about the poor style:

We consider that transformation in the public management process should include new approaches on decisional and informational subsystems in the long term, focusing on magnetizing private investments, non-refundable EU support and highly qualified human resources.

And there are other problems too...

SLAL

FARSI
    The pdf is available. It is an article from Elsevier-science direct. Procedia Economics and Finance 32 ( 2015 ) 694 – 701
    The title of the article is:Transformation of Public Management Process Due to Competitive Intelligence Implementation.

Keith Bradford

English (Midlands UK)
    And it's by Beniamin Viorel Brânzaş. Now I don't know what nationality he is, probably Romanian but not English-speaking in any case. Do not take this article as a model of good English.

< Previous | Next >