European VAT number

sab_B

Italian - Italy
Hi,

can you please help me with this. I have to translate the following sentence in German. I don't know where to start from...:eek:

"The website of European community VAT ID numbers declares that for Germany the VAT number should be DE+9 digits"

Unfortunately my customers declares and insists a DE+10 digits :confused:. I'm going crazy ...

Thanks a lot for your kind and very appreciated help!

Bye,
Sabrina

• sab_B

Italian - Italy
    Here is a link from the issuing German government agency. You could tell your customer the following:

"Deutsche Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummern (USt-IdNr.) haben den Aufbau "DE" plus neun Ziffern. Siehe hierzu das entsprechende Merkblatt des Bundeszentralamtes für Steuern:

Thank you!!! That's far more than I could wish for!! Thanks a lot for your kind help!

alenaro

Italian
    Here is a link from the issuing German government agency. You could tell your customer the following:

"Deutsche Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummern (USt-IdNr.) haben den Aufbau "DE" plus neun Ziffern. Siehe hierzu das entsprechende Merkblatt des Bundeszentralamtes für Steuern: http://www.bzst.bund.de/003_menue_links/005_ustidnr/512_merkblatt/001_aufbaupdf.pdf"
    Does anyone know if in Switzerland the acronym is CHE? I have the data of a Swiss company and I must invoice a work. It reads CHE, before what I believe should be their VAT number.

Many thanks