even though it´s not yours I am still very interested

Ayane12

Español, Colombia
Hi guys, I need some help plz.

I was applying for a job but the title was placed incorrectly they need an assistant not a director. The actual director wrote me an email saying: I hope my job it´s not in danger lol, you know, trying to be funny, and I want to answer him back in a funny way too. Here´s my attempt.

Hahaha, what a funny mistake to hear. I am sure it wasn´t so fun for you, sorry about that.
Now, about the marketing assistant position, *even though it´s not yours (lol) I am still very interested in joining the company. (or just I am still very interested?)
I would love to meeting with you and talk about this opportunity. How about tomorrow in the afternoon?

Best Regards,

* when I say even though it´s not yours, I mean his position, and it worries me that it might sound rude, or if maybe it´s not gramatically correct.

• Rastnim88

British English
    You will probably get told off for posting a translation here but anyway!

Hahaha, what a funny mistake to make. In all seriousness however, I am sure it wasn´t so fun for you, so I am genuinely sorry.
    The marketing assistant position however, *even though it´s not yours (lol) is still of great interest to me, and I am still very interested in joining your company. (makes it a bit more personal)
    I would very much like to meet with you to discuss this opportunity. How is tomorrow afternoon for you?

St. Nick

English
    "Hahaha, what a funny mistake to hear. I am sure it wasn't so fun for you, sorry about that.
    Now, about the marketing assistant position, even though it's not yours (lol), I am still very interested in (it)/(the opening) and in joining the company.

I would love to meet with you and
    ...."

Hi

Does this job require perfect English skills? If not, I'd hesitate to tamper with it much because you sound very genuine and personable.

If I clean up all the grammar, I'm afraid it will lose its special and likable quality. And, no, it doesn't sound rude at all—it's funny, good-natured, and thoughtful.

Last edited:

Ayane12

Español, Colombia
    Thank you for your help and advice, I am still going for the funny way just wanted my grammar to be perfect, so thanks again.

< Previous | Next >