ever mindful of ...=always/used to care ...?

flowersophy

Chinese-China
HI,

Does "ever mindful of my needs and tastes" means "always cares my needs and tastes" or "used to care my needs and tastes?

My mother is a great seamstress, but our tastes in fashion don’t always coincide. Somewhere she acquires two rolls of the latest crimplene fabric – enough for an outfit to be fashioned out of either. Unfortunately they’re both polka dot; one has what I imagine to be plague-sized red blotch dots – slightly oval – and the other has green dots, same size and shape. My feeling is that if I have to put up with polka dots – not my favorite – the green is slightly more desirable than the red. My Mum, ever mindful of my needs and tastes, chooses the red for me.
(Quoted from Anthills, Elephants and other Fascinations by Rina Flanagan)

Many thanks!

• Copyright

American English
    It means "always aware or or attentive to my needs and tastes."

If you use "cares" in some other context, remember that you need "cares about" or "cares for" or "cares <some other word>." You can't use "She really cares my brother," for example; you need "She really cares for my brother."

flowersophy

Chinese-China
    It means "always aware or or attentive to my needs and tastes."

If you use "cares" in some other context, remember that you need "cares about" or "cares for" or "cares <some other word>." You can't use "She really cares my brother," for example; you need "She really cares for my brother."
    I see. Thank you so much!:D

< Previous | Next >