every forth voter

SaraM16

Italian
Hello, I'm translating from English into Italian an article about politics. I found the expression "every forth voter" in the sentence "Be it in the latest elections or in the former GDR states mainly more than every forth voter supported this party."
I thought that it was a typo and the writer meant "fourth", since neither WordReference, Reverso Context or Linguee seems to have an example of this expression. However, on the internet, I found this article ( 24% Americans support amnesty for Edward Snowden ) where the expression is used like this "Every forth voter supports amnesty for former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden in exchange for the information he still has in his “archives”".
So my question is "Does this expression exists or it's just a typo? And either way what does it means?"
Thank you very much for your help :) :) :)

• Edinburgher

German/English bilingual
    It's a mistake, a mis-spelling of fourth.
    "More than every fourth voter supported this party" means that more than 25% of those who voted supported this party (presumably by voting for it), so that this party received more than 25% of the votes.

SaraM16

Italian
    It's a mistake, a mis-spelling of fourth.
    "More than every fourth voter supported this party" means that more than 25% of those who voted supported this party (presumably by voting for it), so that this party received more than 25% of the votes.
    Thank you very much!!! :D

Andygc

British English
    The source links in turn to the original report which says
    One-in-four voters now supports amnesty for NSA leaker Edward Snowden in exchange for the information he still possesses.
    Goodness only knows why SafeUM should not only change the original wording but also spell "fourth" incorrectly and leave out a few definite articles.