Every time as against everytime

< Previous | Next >

baw

Nigeria-English
Hi all. I really appreciate the various questions you all have done justice to. Would like to ask though, which is appropriate to use, 'everytime' or 'every time'? Thank you!

• Lexiphile

England English
    Just to add to Out's perfectly correct answer: Welcome to the forum, Baw! As far as I am aware, we don't have many foreros from English-speaking countries in Africa, so it will be interesting to hear your comments on other people's questions.

baw

Nigeria-English
    Well, thanks Lex and I'll be sure to do so. Now, whatever do you mean by "fereros"? I absolutely do not have a clue.

Packard

USA, English
    Welcome Baw. I am also interested in seeing how you view our version of English.

The last time I was in Chicago the cab driver that took me to the airport was from Nigeria and his English was so refined and he was so well-spoken that I felt like a foreigner myself.

This post is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way should be considered flaws or defects.

panjandrum

Lapsed Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    Hello baw, and welcome to WordReference :)

I'm another voice suggesting that every time should be two words, every time :)
    You'll find everytime (one word) in song lyrics, of course, but you can find all kinds of non-standard language in song lyrics.

< Previous | Next >