everything changes fundamentally

< Previous | Next >

dobrinja2011

Bosnian
Hello,

Is it correct to say "everything is changing fundamentally", or "everything is fundamentally changing", or "everything changes fundamentally"? And what other words I can use instead of "fundamentally" ( i don't like the synonyms I have found online")..

here's the context;

"It seems to me that everything is fundamentally changing, everything in me shakes to the very foundation, and the world is swaying with me, because even it (the world) is out of order if there is a mess inside of me, and yet, this what is happening, and that has already happened is from the same reason - I want and I must respect myself. Without that I would not have had the strength to live as a human."

Last edited:
  • owlman5

English-US
    All three versions are correct, dobrinja2011. I like "everything is fundamentally changing" better than the other two because placing "fundamentally" immediately before "changing" makes the phrase sound a little more weighty and dramatic.

You didn't mention the synonyms you didn't like. If I wanted a synonym for "fundamentally" in this sentence, I'd probably choose "essentially".

owlman5

English-US
    In the list you've provided, "essentially" seems closest to "fundamentally". "In essence" is a phrase that has the same meaning.

< Previous | Next >