Everything will flow

chiara_kat

Italian
Hi,
someone can tell me the best way to translate in arabic (the more classic form the better) the expression "everything will flow"? It has to be a translation of the ancient greek's "panta rei".
Thanks

• chiara_kat

Italian
    I was suggest to explain better the meaning of the phrase I asked to be translated.
    It means that everything will change, nothing remains the same. The verb "flow" is used to represent the movement of the water in a river.
    the expression Panta Rei is from the philosophy of Heraclitus, and the expression "everything flows" means that "things are constantly changing".
    I hope it can help!

clevermizo

English (USA), Spanish
    For a translation of the meaning, I think that the following is appropriate:

كلّ شيء يتغّر
    kullu shay2in yataghayyaru

If you want to keep the metaphor of "water flowing in a river" we might need something a little longer:

كلّ شيء مثل الماء الجاري في نهر
    kullu shay2in mithlu l-maa2i l-jaari fii nahrin

I don't know if there's a more idiomatic Arabic expression/equivalent.

For an explanation of the transliteration method, please read the Arabic forum's sticky, specifically this post about numbers in transliteration.

Last edited:

sun rise

Spanich
    everything will flow = كل شيئ سيتغير كالماء المتدفق

flow is a verb used to describe the movement of water in the river..
    المتدفق : صفة لحــالة الماء
    It means that everything will change, nothing remains the same .. Such as water which is renewed

clevermizo

English (USA), Spanish
    everything will flow = كل شيئ سيتغير كالماء المتدفق

flow is a verb used to describe the movement of water in the river..
    المتدفق : صفة لحــالة الماء
    It means that everything will change, nothing remains the same .. Such as water which is renewed

I like this a lot better than my suggestions.:thumbsup: