Everything you want is out there waiting for you to ask

hailstones

England
Hi i need to use this quote "Everything you want is out there waiting for you to ask. Everything you want also wants you. But you have to take action to get it." Jules Renard in a piece of work i'm doing and i've translated it as:
« Tout vous voulez est dehors là attendre pour toi demander. Tout vous voulez te veut aussi. Mais il te faut que agir le trouver. »
However i've been told i need the actual quote he said but i can't find it anywhere in french so if anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated.

• tilt

French French
    I would suggest something rather different from yours, because I think it sounds better this way.
    Tout ce que vous désirez se trouve quelque part (?), à attendre que vous le demandiez. Tout ce que vous
    désirez vous désire aussi. Mais il vous faut agir pour l'obtenir.

Out there seems hard to translate, according to the different threads already posted about it, and which don't give a clear answer.
    In the present context, I think quelque part (somewhere) is the best I can do!

hailstones

England
    thanks your way gives me something better to work with now but the problem is i still need the actual quote...

hailstones

England
    No sorry. I've tried looking on numerous websites but it could be that the way he wrote it is very idiomatic and i've just not recognised it.

< Previous | Next >