Example : Italian are bad driver...

claude23

Banned
FRANCE
Hi,

Example : Italian are bad driver... Tell me about it !! Does that mean that I agree with the person ? May i say don't even talk about it as well ?

Thank you,

Claude.

• You little ripper!

Australian English
    claude23 said:
    Hi,

Example : Italians are bad drivers... Tell me about it !! Does that mean that I agree with the person ? May i say don't even talk about it as well ?

Thank you,

Claude.
    Yes, it does mean that you agree. You can also say, Don't even talk about it!

panjandrum

Lapsed Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    claude23 said:
    Hi,

Example : Italians are bad drivers... Tell me about it !! Does that mean that I agree with the person ? [...]
    Yes, you are right. It also suggests that you have direct personal experience of Italian drivers.

[Italians please note that this thread does not reflect my personal opinion - I expect to be driving in Italy later in the year and I think you are wonderful:) ]

maxiogee

Banned
    English
    panjandrum said:
    Yes, you are right. It also suggests that you have direct personal experience of Italian drivers.

[Italians please note that this thread does not reflect my personal opinion - I expect to be driving in Italy later in the year and I think you are wonderful:) ]
    I see it as more than having direct personal experience, it is that the experience one has had 'matches or exceeds' that of the person speaking.

[If you really think Italians are wonderful drivers then either (a) you should not go driving in Italy, or (b) you should not be driving where you live now.;)]

< Previous | Next >