exceed

< Previous | Next >

natatasa

Serbian
Hello:)
Im trying to trnaslate text about UWB, so could someone better explain me the meaning of the sentences below:

Ultra Wideband was traditionally accepted as pulse radio, but the FCC and ITU-R now define UWB in terms of a transmission from an antenna for which the emitted signal bandwidth exceeds the lesser of 500 MHz or 20% of the center frequency.
The part of sentences which I don't clearly undest is colored in yellow. I understand that the limits of bandwidth are broke for some amount which is less than 500 MHz which is the same as 20 % of the central frequecy.

I would like to no if Im wrong in understanding.

Natasa

• bibliolept

AE, Español
    UWB is classed as anything that is higher than the lower one of the two options:
    - 500 MHZ
    - 20% of the center frequency

Whichever of those two numbers is lower is the minimum amount for UWB.

Dimcl

Canadian English
    Hello:)
    Im trying to trnaslate text about UWB, so could someone better explain to me the meaning of the sentences below:

Ultra Wideband was traditionally accepted as pulse radio, but the FCC and ITU-R now define UWB in terms of a transmission from an antenna for which the emitted signal bandwidth exceeds the lesser of 500 MHz or 20% of the center frequency.
    The part of sentences which I don't clearly undest is colored in yellow. I understand that the limits of bandwidth are broke for some amount which is less than 500 MHz which is the same as 20 % of the central frequecy.

I would like to no know if Im I'm wrong in my understanding.

Natasa

Natasa, your yellow highlighting/underscoring didn't come through in the post so I'm not entirely sure what your concern is. I'm assuming that it's this section:

"...UWB in terms of a transmission from an antenna for which the emitted signal bandwidth exceeds the lesser of 500 MHz or 20% of the center frequency."

What it means is that UWB is transmitted from an antennae from which the bandwidth transmitted is higher than 500 MHz or 20% of the central frequency, whichever is less.

natatasa

Serbian
    Natasa, your yellow highlighting/underscoring didn't come through in the post so I'm not entirely sure what your concern is. I'm assuming that it's this section:

"...UWB in terms of a transmission from an antenna for which the emitted signal bandwidth exceeds the lesser of 500 MHz or 20% of the center frequency."

What it means is that UWB is transmitted from an antennae from which the bandwidth transmitted is higher than 500 MHz or 20% of the central frequency, whichever is less.
    You are right, I made mistacke because I colored text in word and copy and paste without reviewing. Thank you so much, I undestand what you told me.
    I wish to thank to you for one more thing. I'm very happy because you repair my mistackes!!!!!!
    I would like you to correct me every time when you get chance.

Dimcl

Canadian English
    You are right, I made a mistake because I colored the text in Word and copied and pasted without reviewing it. Thank you so much; I undestand what you told me.
    I wish to thank to you for one more thing. I'm very happy because you repaired my mistakes!!!!!!
    I would like you to correct me every time when you get a chance.

You're more than welcome.:)

< Previous | Next >