excursion in port

< Previous | Next >

Rasmus1504

Danés
Hello,

Could someone help me here - I have little clue as to what excursion in port means here - when googling it all I get is "excursion in port (insert name)". Could it be a canal tour? This is all the context that I have.

If you only have a few days to spare, but you'd still like to get away at a great price, then weekend cruises are your best bet. These "short" sailings are long on value – most visit multiple destinations in a single voyage, and today's cruise ships offer something for everyone. Seeking three or four days of non-stop excitement? From rock-climbing walls and waterslides at sea to excursions in port, you'll find it here. Is a relaxing escape more your style? Treat yourself to a shipboard spa treatment and dinner in an elegant specialty restaurant.

Thanks.

• It means that while the ship is in a port, the people can (on foot) look around and sight see. Remember many port cities are not little villages with nothing to do (Amsterdam).

It is also possible that if there is a large harbor, shipyards, etc. that people can do what we call a 'harbor tour' on a small boat. Look around, etc.

< Previous | Next >