Executed status

andrea soriani

ITALIANO
Hi everyone, I'm looking for translation of this way of saying
"we are still showing an executed status here". I don't know how to say it in Italian. Please anybody can help me?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • TimLA

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    Hi Andrea and welcome.

As Paul implied, more context would be VERY helpful.
    It sounds like something technical, perhaps a series of steps in a complex process,
    and this person is saying "We still see that process X has (already) been done/exectued"...
    But context will assure or refute it...

andrea soriani

ITALIANO
    Thanx for your attention. Well it's a scene from a documentary where they are testing a new weapon system and they had to switch off that weapon remotely so the commander said to the control room via radio "we are still showing an executed status, here" and commander was checking on a screen...I thought it could probably mean that commander could see on his monitor that weapon status was still "on" and not yet disabled...what do you think? thanx, bye

TimLA

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    Thanx for your attention. Well it's a scene from a documentary where they are testing a new weapon system and they had to switch off that weapon remotely so the commander said to the control room via radio "we are still showing an executed status, here" and commander was checking on a screen...I thought it could probably mean that commander could see on his monitor that weapon status was still "on" and not yet disabled...what do you think? thanx, bye

I think (s)he is most-likely talking about a particular stage in the launch/firing process.

Example:
    A: OK, we're almost ready to fire. Have we completed the geocoordinate upload yet?
    B: Yes, we're showing an executed status here.

Meaning that the geocorrdinate upload has been "executed" or "performed".

It's very "technical" jargon, so I'm not sure the best way to say it in Italian.

uinni

Italy, Italian
    Example:
    A: OK, we're almost ready to fire. Have we completed the geocoordinate upload yet?
    B: Yes, we're showing an executed status here.

Meaning that the geocorrdinate upload has been "executed" or "performed".

I get it slightly different(ly):
    Example:
    B: No, for we're still showing an executed status here [of the previous shot] - i.e. the weapon is not yet ready to be used.

In fact the given sentence is: "we are still showing an executed status, here"

Uinni