expedición autorizadas por derogación

< Previous | Next >

kielipaa

English - United States
I've got some tricky Spanish legalese I need help with. Thanks!

My translation and context:

a.The harmful substances or category of harmful substances whose immersion* or issue is authorized by repeal of subsection 3 of this article.

b.The waters or places or their categories where immersion or issue of substances or categories of substances considered in paragraph....

The Original:

…cuya inmersión* o expedición están autorizadas por derogación del inciso 3 del presente artículo.

NOTE: *Immersion: (here: fishery term) The act of throwing, pouring, spilling, dripping, irrigating, spreading, vaporizing, evacuating, emitting, emptying, dropping, discharging or depositing.

Last edited:
  • piraña utria

Spanish - Colombian with Caribbean nuanc
    I've got some tricky Spanish legalese I need help with. Thanks!

My translation and context:

a.The harmful substances or category of harmful substances whose immersion* or issue is authorized by repeal of subsection 3 of this article.

b.The waters or places or their categories where immersion or issue of substances or categories of substances considered in paragraph....

The Original:

…cuya inmersión* o expedición están autorizadas por derogación del inciso 3 del presente artículo.

NOTE: *Immersion: (here: fishery term) The act of throwing, pouring, spilling, dripping, irrigating, spreading, vaporizing, evacuating, emitting, emptying, dropping, discharging or depositing.
    Hello there,

The original is tricky considered itself, even for a Spanish native speaker.

I'd say we need more context since there are, apparently, a couple of good interpretations behind your text:

a. An article, "la", was omitted before "derogación". Hence, it should be "la derogación".

In such a case its sense in English were "...by the provision that repealed subsection 3...".

b. On the contrary, if the original is as it is, I think it means "whose immersion is considered authorized based on/taking into account the repeal of...".

I hope it helps. If so, let us know your surely quite natural English versions.:)

Cheers,

< Previous | Next >