external individuals

Discussion in 'English Only' started by Square100, May 1, 2016.

1. Square100

Square100 Senior Member

Vietnamese
    I am reading "Comparing TOEIC® Institutional and Public Testing" from this site and there is a phrase that I don't quite understand.
    Could anyone help me explain the meaning of "external individuals" in the following sentence:

Institutional score reports and/or score rosters are provided to the organizations for internal use only (Organizations should only accept global standard score reports from external individuals.)

2. morior_invictus

morior_invictus Senior Member

Slovak
    Institutional Testing Program

Customers: Organizations that want to test the English proficiency of their current members for internal use only
    Score Reporting: Institutional score reports and/or score rosters are provided to the organizations for internal use only (Organizations should only accept global standard score reports from external individuals.)

Public Testing Program

Customers: Individuals that want to test their own English proficiency for personal use
    Score Reporting: Global standard score reports are provided to test takers for personal use (Individuals should only submit global standard score reports for purposes such as job applications, immigration, etc.)

External individuals = individuals who are external to that particular organization / individuals who do not belong to the organization / individuals who are not "members" of the organization in question.

That's how I read it.