fabrication plants

moura

Portuguese Portugal
Hi,

Does "fabrication plants" means "factories"?
I've been searching in dict. and in the Net and it appears to be some "kind of factory", which perhaps can not be simply translated by "factory".

Context:
" ...the costs of new integrated circuit fabrications plants doubles every four years. The increase in factory costs has been suppoorted by the increase in the demand for their products."

Thanks once more for yr help

• moura

Portuguese Portugal
    Thansks Chiara and Nickditoro

So, probably there is no other way to express this "plantation plants" than factories? I have to find a correspondent word in Portuguese and "plants" in my language is not the same as "factory".

nickditoro

English/USA
    moura said:
    Thansks Chiara and Nickditoro

So, probably there is no other way to express this "plantation plants" than factories? I have to find a correspondent word in Portuguese and "plants" in my language is not the same as "factory".
    "Facilities" could substitute for "plants" with either "fabrication" or "manufacturing." (Be careful, as the word, in the U.S. anyway, is often used as a euphemism for "bathroom," e.g., "May I use the facilities?")

Nick

moura

Portuguese Portugal
    Ok, Nick, thank you very much. I'll be carefull about using those "facilites" :D

Kind regards