Facilition

NewAmerica

Banned
Mandarin
One of the females in the picture is holding a sign read "Education + Facilition = Solution." Well, Google redirects "Facilition" to facilitation.

What does facilition mean? A misspelling of facilitation? It seems unlikely to me that a female scientist would have misspelled the simple word.

Thousands of scientists are backing the kids striking for climate change
Students around the world are walking out of school to urge governments to do more about global warming.
d41586-019-00861-z_16548586.jpg

Source: nature Thousands of scientists are backing the kids striking for climate change

• velisarius

British English (Sussex)
    There are just schoolkids in the photo. The girl probably wrote the sign herself and she obviously thinks it's a word. I think she's deluded in more ways than one.

Why do you think a female scientist wrote it?

NewAmerica

Banned
    Mandarin
    I
    There are just schoolkids in the photo. The girl probably wrote the sign herself and she obviously thinks it's a word. I think she's deluded in more ways than one.

Why do you think a female scientist wrote it?

Have you noticed the pram and the women in their glasses, who are much older than school kids?

The girl who is holding the sign is, if she's a scientist, very young of course.

Thank you for commenting.

AnythingGoes

English - USA (Midwest/Appalachia)
    The girl holding the sign made a mistake. Although there are a couple of older women in the picture, she's a schoolgirl, not a scientist.

AnythingGoes

English - USA (Midwest/Appalachia)
    She appears to be 23 - 27 years old to me. A school kid?
    I'd guess fourteen to sixteen, but it doesn't really matter. The protesters are mostly school kids, not scientists; whoever she is, her sign has an error on it.

velisarius

British English (Sussex)
    "Facilitation" is a jargon word.
    Facilitation Tools: Systematic Problem Solving

The placard seems to suggest that if everyone is educated about a problem (told exactly what the problem is), a solution may be arrived at through a process of analysis, group discussion, plans of action etc. I think that probably means that "everyone" can and should be involved in this process, rather than leaving it to the government to do what is best for us.

kentix

English - U.S.
    It looks like students and teachers and parents (and maybe hangers-on) to me. Remember it's a student strike, not a scientist strike.

NewAmerica

Banned
    Mandarin
    "Facilitation" is a jargon word.
    Facilitation Tools: Systematic Problem Solving

The placard seems to suggest that if everyone is educated about a problem (told exactly what the problem is), a solution may be arrived at through a process of analysis, group discussion, plans of action etc. I think that probably means that "everyone" can and should be involved in this process, rather than leaving it to the government to do what is best for us.

Good catch.