Facoltà di Scienze Matematiche,Fisiche, Naturali

< Previous | Next >

i'm_improving

italian
I do know there are several other threads on this argument, but none of them seems to answer to my question: how can I translate such a difficult one like "Facoltà di Scienze Matematiche,Fisiche, Naturali ?
Anyone who can, please help me! :eek:

• TimLA

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    Hi "I'm Improving" and welcome!

It would be something like:

Faculty of Mathematical, Physical and Natural Sciences.

Depending on the context.
    Do you have more?

i'm_improving

italian
    Thank you so much for your kindness, and, before it's too late, sorry for my english!
    I'm trying to write a CV for a friend of mine; she has a deegre in biotechnology earned in the university of Pisa, whitin the " Facoltà (which I know I can translate whit school, or department of ) di Scienze matematiche fisiche e naturali".
    I checked for similar departments name in UK or USA, but I've found nothing, so I realized I had to translate t myself!

Salegrosso

Verona (Italy)
    Hi, I'm Improving, and hi Tim!
    My suggestion is to leave the original Italian official name "Facolta' di Scienze MM. FF. NN.", then to add, in parentheses, the English translation, namely (Faculty of Mathematical, Physical and Natural Sciences), as Tim said.
    Also, it would be better to write "Universita' di Pisa" instead of University of Pisa.

Think to the opposite direction: in a cv written in Italian it would be better, I think, to write University of Oxford instead of Universita' di Oxford, and Imperial College of London, instead of a fancy "Collegio Imperiale di Londra". :)

Salegrosso

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >