Est-ce bien traduit?

Votre opinion svp.

Merci:).

• eric489

French
    Je dirai :

Tom nodded Paul to come closer.

Sinon ta traduction est juste.
    L'essentiel en traduction c'est de garder le sens intacte sans trop périphraser, dis-toi que si tu respectes ces 2 conditions alors c'est bon.

clairet

England & English (UK version)
    Je dirai :

quote]

"Nodded" sounds a bit odd to me. Irrespective of how it sounds to me, it would only be correct if we knew that the signal Tom made was a nod of the head....it wouldn't work if, for example, he raised his hand.

eric489

French
    Je dirai :

quote]

"Nodded" sounds a bit odd to me. Irrespective of how it sounds to me, it would only be correct if we knew that the signal Tom made was a nod of the head....it wouldn't work if, for example, he raised his hand.

Yeah :/ , I kind of thought the same when typing it, i think " Tom waved towards Paul to come over" would be better.

What do you think ?

eric489

French
    Same problem as before - we don't know (form the phrase quoted) what kind of signal Tom is making (it's in the present, isn't it?). So the neutral "signal" seems right to me.
    Well usually in French, by "faire signe" we mean a hand wave or a simple body movement.

It can be used in other contexts, but this one is ( i think) clear enough. The persons makes a signal for someone to come closer.

clairet

England & English (UK version)
    There's a difference between "to come closer" (which implies that the person addressed is already quite close") and "to come over" (which implies the person is, say, some way across a room). Which of these 2 does s'approcher best translate?

< Previous | Next >