falleras

< Previous | Next >
  • traduciendo

españa-español
    Fallera is any woman/girl dressed in the traditional way.

Fallera mayor= the fallera who represents the women fallera in her Falla, something like group. You are fallera mayor when you are in adolescence and older.

Fallera mayor infantil (no menor) = the fallera who represents all the girls falleras in her Falla. You are fallera infantil until you reach adolescence, at about the age of 15 or 16.

Is it clear or may I try and explain it in other way? I am from Valencia but my English may be not clear enough

gdmarcus

English, USA
    Your description is clear to me, traduciendo. Your English is quite good. But I have another question.

Is a "fallera" a woman dressed in a traditional Spanish way, or in any traditional garments (for example, traditinal African garments or traditional Vietnamese clothing)?

traduciendo

españa-español
    A Fallera is a woman dressed in the traditional Valencian way, that has nothing to do with the Spanish way. I did not know how to explain it. I am looking for a link to any photo and I will send it to you.

traduciendo

españa-español
    Thank you Sunce for your photo. She is a Fallera, THE fallera, the highest represetnant of the Fallas in the Valencian Community in year 2002. I can no think of a better example.

< Previous | Next >