Falsies

< Previous | Next >

DrChen

French-France
Hello everyone,

I have read from almost all dictionaries that "falsies" refer to pads or any other pieces of material women put inside their bras to make their breasts seem bigger.
But I was wondering, is there a chance falsies can also refer to breasts that have breast implants?

If not, do you know of other informal ways of saying, basically, "fake boobs"?
I know one can say "to get a boob job", but I'm thinking of a noun that refers to the said "boob-jobbed" boobs.
Thank you all!

• Hello everyone,

I have read from almost all dictionaries that "falsies" refer to pads or any other pieces of material women put inside their bras to make their breasts seem bigger.
    I first became aware of falsies as a teenager in the fifties, usually with considerable disappointment.:(

I can't help feeling that before they were trademarked, women improvised their own bra-padders.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

dojibear

English - Northeast US
    True "falsies" go beyond padding: they are full-size breasts made of padding material (worn in a bra) so a completely flat-chested woman (or a man who is cross-dressing) looks like a large-breasted woman.

I have not heard the term "falsies" used for bra-padding to make breasts look bigger. That is normally called bra-padding.

And I have not heard it used for silicone-enhanced breasts. As you say, "fake boobs" is common.

< Previous | Next >