faltar por

davkko

France-French & American
hola compadres de lucha,

can someone please tell me how this sentence is constructed? te falta mucho por aprender I understand it means "you have a lot to learn" but how what is faltarse por? How can it be applied to other things?

Thank you all

• jmx

Spain / Spanish
    It's not "faltarse". See that "te" is second person, while "falta" is 3rd person, therefore it's not a pronominal verb. As for "por", it is linked to the following infinitive :

por + (infinitive) -> pending, not yet completed

but in other contexts it could have other meanings :

eso está por ver -> that has not been seen/proved yet

but ...

te llamo por saber qué tal estás -> I call you to know how well you are, if you are OK

davkko

France-French & American
    cool guys,
    thanks for the help. I think what confused me is that I thought falta meant fault or error but actually means to lack
    Makes sense now. And now I understand what an ex meant by my faltas de educacion.....(too late though!)

Thanks again

Artrella

Banned
    BA
    Spanish-Argentina
    davkko said:
    cool guys,
    thanks for the help. I think what confused me is that I thought falta meant fault or error but actually means to lack
    Makes sense now. And now I understand what an ex meant by my faltas de educacion.....(too late though!)

Thanks again

Ohh sorry davkko!! Te falta mucho por aprender = you have a long way to go... :(

< Previous | Next >