Family & Community Engagement (F.A.C.E)

RODRVI01

US
Spanish - Mexico
Hello All:

I'm translating a student code of conduct and have run into an interesting phrase. It is my hope that someone will be able to help me.

The ST word is: Family & Community Engagement (F.A.C.E)

The phrase is part of a list of "helpful numbers"

The current translation (which i did not do) is: Oficina para la familia y la comunidad (F.A.C.E.)

Please provide your thoughts - they are deeply appreciated!

• ChemaSaltasebes

Spanish - Spain
    As far as Family and Community Medicine is equivalent to Medicina Familiar y Comunitaria, I would propose Participación [Implicación] Familiar y Comunitaria to translate Family & Community Engagement.

lauranazario

Moderatrix
    Español puertorriqueño & US English
    I'm translating a student code of conduct and have run into an interesting phrase. It is my hope that someone will be able to help me.

The ST word is: Family & Community Engagement (F.A.C.E)
    The phrase is part of a list of "helpful numbers"

The current translation (which i did not do) is: Oficina para la familia y la comunidad (F.A.C.E.)

Please provide your thoughts - they are deeply appreciated!
    On this website they say:
    Family and Community Engagement (FACE) is a strategy for student success in school and in life, achieved through the collaboration of educators, families, and community partners.

So, if "collaboration and sharing ideas" is the core mission, I would translate the name as Programa de/Oficina de Participación Familiar y Comunitaria

Hope that helps.

Saludos,
    LN

RODRVI01

US
    Spanish - Mexico
    Muchísimas gracias.

It definitely does help - the department will finally have a proper translation of its name!

< Previous | Next >