fancy and furniture section

plujademais

Catalonia - Catalan and Spanish
Hola, hello,

Sin mucho contexto que aportar, alguien que trabaja en un mercado de películas en CD en Nigeria se define a sí mismo como "Executive Chairman of Alaba International Market, fancy and furniture section." La pregunta es: ¿alguien me puede iluminar sobre cómo decir en español esto de 'fancy and furniture' section?

Thanks a lot, muchas gracias, moltes gràcies,
Plujademais

• rosario001

Spanish, from Uruguay
    Are you absolutely sure there isn't a word missing there, between 'and' and 'furniture'? I could see it being something like "fancy and regular furniture section", but "fancy and furniture section" doesn't make sense to me!

plujademais

Well, it's African English, from Nigeria... sometimes it's difficult for me to understand what they're saying or what they mean. Thank you anyway for your answer. By the way, what would "fancy and regular furniture section" mean?

rosario001

Spanish, from Uruguay
    It would mean that he works for the section of the organisation that sells both high quality, fancy furniture and furniture that's a bit more downmarket, more day-to-day stuff.

plujademais

Well, that's not the case, cause the guy is selling DVDs of African films. Let's see if there's some Nigerian or West African in the forum who undestands what it means...

< Previous | Next >