Fare impazzire

cagator411

English and America
How does one say "you are driving me crazy" and "he is driving me crazy"? Is is as easy as

Tu mi fa impazzire and
Lui mi faccia impazzire?

• ElaineG

USA/English
    cagator411 said:
    How does one say "you are driving me crazy" and "he is driving me crazy"? Is is as easy as

Tu mi fa impazzire and
    Lui mi faccia impazzire?
    It would be "[tu] mi fai impazzire" and "[lui] mi fa impazzire." The only context I've heard it in is "you drive me crazy" in a good way (the romantic/sexual sense) but it might work in the you're bugging me sense too.

Wait for the Italian natives to wake up!

Raphillon

Italy
    ElaineG said:
    It would be "[tu] mi fai impazzire" and "[lui] mi fa impazzire." The only context I've heard it in is "you drive me crazy" in a good way (the romantic/sexual sense) but it might work in the you're bugging me sense too.

Wait for the Italian natives to wake up!

Wait for the
    Just awoken, still need coffee, but you are right :thumbsup:

DiFossa

United States of America English|Italian Dialect
    One may also say :warn: Mi fai incazzato! :warn: That is a rude way of saying you piss me off! Hope that helps!

jopa

canada english/french
    This is a question for native speakers. Is this a common expression "fare impazzire" in the romantic/sexual sense within all age groups? Does is carry a lot of sexual and intimate meaning or is it casually tossed around? Is it a regional expression?

Thanks.
    Jopa

claudine2006

Italy Italian
    This is a question for native speakers. Is this a common expression "fare impazzire" in the romantic/sexual sense within all age groups? Does is carry a lot of sexual and intimate meaning or is it casually tossed around? Is it a regional expression?

Thanks.
    Jopa
    It's used all over Italy and it's ok for everybody.
    It depends on how you say it: it can be very sexy (amore mio, mi fai impazzire ;) ) or it can also means I can't stand you (basta, smettila di suonare il piano, mi stai facendo impazzire!).

Saoul

Italian
    Yes jopa, it is.

Quella ragazza mi fa impazzire.
    That girl turns me on.

Quando mi guardi così mi fai impazzire.
    When you look at me like this, you turn me on.

You can sometimes use "fare impazzire" in the negative "I can't stand it" sense, but generally speaking it is likely you hear something like:

Questa cosa mi dà sui nervi
    Questa cosa mi fa incavolare/:warn: incazzare :warn:/uscire dai gangheri.

I hope this helps.
    Saoul

bayXSonic

Italy - Italian
    Quando mi guardi così mi fai impazzire.
    When you look at me like this, you turn me on.
    La traduzione non ha lo stesso significato.
    Se dici ad un'amica che vuoi che diventi la tua ragazza "Mi fai impazzire" puo' piacerle.
    Se le dici "You turn me on" potrebbe guardarti strano poiche' ha un significato che va verso il sessuale, come "mi attizzi".
    Questo me lo ha appena detto una ragazza madrelingua AE

seremiriam

italiano
    Si è vero! Diciamo che "you turn me on" è piú usato nel contesto sessuale, come per dire "mi ecciti". Per dire mi fai impazzire è meglio "you drive me crazy".
    Drive somebody crazy=far impazzire qualcuno. Anche se drive sb crazy può essere usato nel contesto sessuale per dire sempre mi fai impazzire, come è scritto anche quí su WordRefence.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >