Fast-forward to current technology and messages span the globe in mere seconds thanks to smartphones

Vicky_D

chinois
"People have always had the need and desire to communicate with each other. The tools and abilities to communicate have changed significantly over time from humble beginnings of smoke signals, carrier pigeons. Fast-forward to current technology and messages span the globe in mere seconds thanks to smartphones, tablets, and computers."

Hi, i'm confused by the structure of the last sentence. I'm wondering if "Fast-forward to current technology and messages" is the subjet and "span", the past participal of “spin”, is the predicate ?

Thanks for your help !!

• Copyright

American English
    It's not "current technology and messages," although it's easy to read it that way. Try this:

"Fast-forward to current technology and [a world where] messages span the globe in mere seconds thanks to smartphones, tablets, and computers."

Vicky_D

chinois
    It's not "current technology and messages," although it's easy to read it that way. Try this:

"Fast-forward to current technology and [a world where] messages span the globe in mere seconds thanks to smartphones, tablets, and computers."
    Oh thank you !
    So can I rephrase it like this : "The tools and abilities to communicate have changed significantly over time from humble beginnings of smoke signals... to a world where messages span the globe in mere seconds, thanks to..." Thanks again !

< Previous | Next >