favor retirar sus peajes [ pasajes ] en nuestras oficinas

tompan

USA English
I made reservations with a ferry company in Chile and wired payment followed by a fax in which I notified them I had sent the payment. In turn I received this in an email from the company: Estimado señor, favor retirar sus peajes en nuestras oficinas con el siguiente número de venta 99999-99999, favor embarcar 1 hora antes con el pasaje en mano. Are they confirming the receipt of payment? What does the number signify? I have a detailed printout of an earlier email in which dates and times of travel are spelled out similar to an airline itinerary.

• Bubilay

~Argentina~ castellano...
    It means that they acknowledge your payment, and at the same time they are requesting you to go to their office to have your tickets and to be ready to be on board an hour before departure. The number is the reference you will need to be given the tickets.

tompan

USA English
    Thanks much Bubilay. Now I am one step closer to a beautiful trip to your neighbor. Tom.

pep

Spain
    Hi,

By the way, "retirar sus peajes" is not good spanish, although many people may use that construction.

Instead, I suggest "retiren (ustedes) sus peajes" or "retirad vuestros peajes".

Just in case someone might be interested.

-------------------------------
    Corrections are always welcome.

tompan

USA English
    Thanks for your attention to detail. I just returned from my trip to Chile and it was fantastic. Thanks to those on this forum who helped me understand what the ferry company wanted me to do. The whole thing worked flawlessly thanks to your help.

< Previous | Next >