feedback

Vickyhere

Italian
I would like to ask a feedback to someone and after the first common lines I would write:

"I would appreciate it if you could give me a feedback regarding my CV and candidature, if you have."

I am not sure if the form is polite enough because I am afraid that it should be "ironic"

???

• Salvage

USA English
    I would like to ask a feedback to someone and after the first common lines I would write:

"I would appreciate it if you could give me a feedback regarding my CV and candidature, if you have."

I am not sure if the form is polite enough because I am afraid that it should be "ironic"

???
    Here is how I might write this sentence:

I would be grateful for any feedback that you could provide regarding my CV and candidature.

"grateful" is a little more sincere, warmer, and personal that "appreciate".

"for any feed back" is exactly what you want, and avoids delaying this point with a verb phrase.

"any" politely opens up the range of the request to the discretion of the reader.

"provide" has a nuance of kindness that is missing from the very direct "give".

I think these changes make the sentence warmer but still very polite and not overly familiar.

Full Tilt Boogie

British English
    Here is how I might write this sentence:

I would be grateful for any feedback that you could provide regarding my CV and candidature.

"grateful" is a little more sincere, warmer, and personal that "appreciate".

"for any feed back" is exactly what you want, and avoids delaying this point with a verb phrase.

"any" politely opens up the range of the request to the discretion of the reader.

"provide" has a nuance of kindness that is missing from the very direct "give".

I think these changes make the sentence warmer but still very polite and not overly familiar.

I think you've salvaged that one rather neatly there ;)

All the above is appropriate advice and recommended for use!.

Vickyhere

Italian
    Great Salvage, it is fantastic! And the explanation is brilliant!!!

I WILL USE IT! THANK YOU INDEED!!!

< Previous | Next >