feedback

spohreis

Portuguese-Brazil
Hello,

There are two people and one bird in the story. Someone was trying to kill those people. Here is the short dialogue between them.

#1) Didn't your bird get zapped too?
#2) Probably only got a little feedback from being next to us.

I don't understand what does "feedback" means here. Could you please help me.

Thank you in advance.

• timpeac

English (England)
    Hello,

There are two people and one bird in the story. Someone was trying to kill those people. Here is the short dialogue between them.

#1) Didn't your bird get zapped too?
    #2) Probably only got a little feedback from being next to us.

I don't understand what does "feedback" means here. Could you please help me.

Thank you in advance.
    "Feedback" can be when a current of some sort - sound or electricity for example - reverses and hits the person it's coming from, and I suspect that is the general meaning here - a ricochet of sorts. I do find the usage here rather odd, though - it suggests to me that someone was shooting them with a taser or a stun-gun or similar.

Last edited:

spohreis

Portuguese-Brazil
    "Feedback" can be when a current of some sort - sound or electricity for example - reverses and hits the person it's coming from, and I suspect that is the general meaning here - a ricochet of sorts. I do find the usage here rather odd, though - it suggest to me that someone was shooting them with a taser or a stun-gun or similar.
    Hello timpeac,

Your expalnation fits very well. I have looked for the definition of feedback in many dictionaries, but I have not found anything that fits here.

Thanks.

Paul E

English England
    I think this is the kind of language, typical of military jargon, which really reached a peak in the Vietnam war.

timpeac

English (England)
    I think this is the kind of language, typical of military jargon, which really reached a peak in the Vietnam war.
    Ah, interesting - I could well believe it's part of a jargon I don't know such as from the Vietnam war. However, what does it mean in this context? A bullet ricochet or mishit?

Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    [....]
    [....]
    It would be helpful if you would explain the methods that the person was using to try to kill them.

spohreis

Portuguese-Brazil
    It would be helpful if you would explain the methods that the person was using to try to kill them.
    I'm sorry. Here is more context. One killer sneak into a house where there are two people and one bird. Before the killer can shot them the bird warn them, and they dodge from the shots, but the bullets hit the wall behind them, and debris fly inside the room where they were.

Thanks.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >