feedbacks

< Previous | Next >

perpend

Banned
American English
Context/example: I'm three feedbacks shy of reaching the next level.

Context 2.0: Ebay.

Spell-checker does not like "feedbacks". What else would I write? "feedbacks" is the plural of "feedback", no?

• perpend

Banned
    American English
    positive ratings
    positive feedbacks

Hmmm. Thanks for your input.

(Yes, I failed to use "positive" in my OP.)

perpend

Banned
    American English
    But it pains me to write: I have XXX positive feedback.

I hope you see my dilemma.

perpend

Banned
    American English
    Okay, I'm chalking this up to Ebay jargon. A "feedback" can be "positive/negative/neutral", thus my query is confusing.

I'm comfortable with "feedbacks" in plural after reading your comments here in the query.

Thanks!

sdgraham

USA English
    Okay, I'm chalking this up to Ebay jargon. A "feedback" can be "positive/negative/neutral", thus my query is confusing.

I'm comfortable with "feedbacks" in plural after reading your comments here in the query.

Thanks!
    Í suppose that concerns your softwares....:rolleyes:

perpend

Banned
    American English
    Nope. As a seller. Or maybe I have completely understood what you mean by "software(s)". And, if I missed the joke, it's my loss.

sdgraham

USA English
    I guess the attempt at a bit of joshing didn't work.

It was a suggestion that there are some things that aren't pluralized, such as one doesn't say "softwares." :rolleyes:

perpend

Banned
    American English
    Oops. Certain things do go over my head. I get it now.

I'm still comfortable with "feedbacks". Thanks, sd! "softwares" had me thinking in other areas/regions. :D

natkretep

Moderato con anima (English Only)
    English (Singapore/UK), basic Chinese
    As JS has indicated, eBay calls them ratings, so why don't you say 'positive feedback ratings'? I suppose I won't be too upset with 'positive feedbacks', and understand that this is in relation to eBay where feedback​ can be used as a countable noun. (Many years ago, I also got upset with 'emails' and I religiously wrote 'e-mail messages'. 'Softwares' is still not for me.)

perpend

Banned
    American English
    So, it may be silly to come back, but for those dying to know, this is what I wrote (since it occurred today) and I'm sticking to it. (Don't have a choice, now.)

..... moments of my life. Reaching 500 positive feedbacks on eBay, with a 100% percent positive feedback rating.

Spell-checker still doesn't like "feedbacks", so I may have a beef with him/her.
    :) I've realized in the course of this thread, that some of this is insider eBay jargon.

< Previous | Next >