feel like bacon

< Previous | Next >

Panupat

Thai
*edit* for more accuracy.

2 guys were talking in a TV series. A had beaten someone up, and B saved that someone and didn't sound very happy.

A "Got your new friend home safe?"
B "Do you want me to?"
B "After the show you put on? I ain't feel like bacon"
B "You were gonna kill him"

I'm assuming at the moment that it meant B didn't want to help, based on this phrase.
save someone's bacon - Wiktionary

Last edited:
  • se16teddy

English - England
    Was the series set in the USA? If so I think you'll probably have to wait for the Americans to wake up. But I am sure they would appreciate more context, including about where they were thinking of going to (a bacon shop?)

kentix

English - U.S.
    The text you quote is nowhere on that page (that my search function can find).

fiercediva

American English
    I agree with Keith. In the previous episode, a policeman was savagely beating Charles Manson because his missing daughter has become part of the Family, and he's trying to find her and get her out of the cult's clutches. A colleague stopped him, so that the policeman wouldn't be risking a murder indictment, and explains later that by doing so he will be trusted by Manson's gang so that additional information can be found out about drug deals and sex trafficking (the events in the episode precede the Tate-La Bianca murders).

Edited to add: Bacon could also be a reference to police - this is set in the L.A. of the late 1960s when police were frequently called pigs by members of various countercultures. Manson was also obsessed with the song "Piggies" from the Beatles' White Album, and the murderers wrote "death to pigs" in blood on the wall at the LaBianca house.

Last edited:

pointvirgule

langue française
    I just watched the beginning of episode 6 of Aquarius on Netflix, and here's how the dialog goes:

Sam — You get your new friend home safe?
    Brian — Jimmy Too? After the show you put on, I didn't even feel like baking.

(Jimmy Too Butano is a character on the show.)

Last edited:

london calling

UK English
    I just watched the beginning of episode 6 of Aquarius on Netflix, and here's how the dialog goes:

Sam — You get your new friend home safe?
    Brian — Jimmy Too? After the show you put on, I didn't even feel like baking.

(Jimmy Too Butano is a character on the show.)
    Ah, thank you. Far more comprehensible than what we were given by Panupat:

A "Got (You get) your new friend home safe?"
    B "Do you want me to? (Jimmy Too)?"
    B "After the show you put on? I ain't feel like bacon" (After the show you put on, I didn't even feel like baking)
    B "You were gonna kill him"

< Previous | Next >