fellоw garbage-bellу

VicNicSor

Banned
Russian
— Fellоw garbage-bellу.
Cobra, film

From the context the phrase was said in, it looks like, though I'm not sure, that it jokingly refers to a person who likes "junk food", by another person who likes it too. Would that make sense?
Thank you.

• VicNicSor

Banned
    Russian
    It just has no surrounding helpful dialog.

Ok, Cobra has mocked his partner Gonzales for eating junk food. Now, Gonzales comes out of a store with some presumably junk food again, and offers a plastic cup of something to the witness they are protecting, and she accepts it. Then Gonzales turns to Cobra and tells this phrase.

bibliolept

AE, Español
    Sometimes very odd saying make it into scripts because the writer thinks they're original or funny. With the context, the meaning is easier to guess as a reference to man eating junk/garbage, but I've never heard this phrase used before.

bibliolept

AE, Español
    You know, you're allowed to quote up to four lines!

Based on one source, I would say the is acknowledging that they are both eaters of junk food, albeit in a very unidiomatic manner:
    (423) Hey.
    (424) You want?
    (425) Thank you.
    (426) Fellow garbage-belly.

VicNicSor

Banned
    Russian
    You know, you're allowed to quote up to four lines!

Based on one source, I would say the is acknowledging that they are both eaters of junk food, albeit in a very unidiomatic manner:
    But how is this piece of dialog more helpful than the context I gave in #3? As I said, Gonzales tells that to Cobra, not to the woman who he shared his food with. She knows nothing about Cobra moralizing Gonzales about healthy vs junk food.

x-posted

< Previous | Next >