fiesta privada

weavejo1

English
Can someone translate this for me please?

yo también te exijo que vayas a mi fiesta ja,

No ya lo borre voy a pensar lo de la fiesta privada ja

• juandiego

Spanish from Spain
    My try:
    I also demand that you go to my party, huh,
    No, I have erased/forgotten? it yet, I am going to think of the private party, huh.

Remember, weavejo1, that forum rules state you should try to translate it firstly.

Broccolicious

English - England
    Hi - I would say 'I have erased / forgotten it already', rather than 'yet'. (Although it would make more sense to say 'No, I haven't forgotten already; I'm going to think about the private party' - does that work with the original?)

I would also say 'think about' rather than 'think of' here, if the meaning is 'to consider', rather than 'to come up with an idea'.

And I'm not sure about the 'huh' - it sounds as if the person writing is a bit annoyed or fed up. Is that the sense of the original 'ja'?

Ay!

Broc

juandiego

Spanish from Spain
    Thanks, Broccolicious.
    I'm going to think about the private party works perfectly with the original, yes. Actually, "about" is the first preposition that comes to my Spanish mind after "to think" but I have forced myself to use the usual "of" even until to make mistakes.

Well, I can not fully assure it but I have the impression that yes, those last "ja" imply some degree of annoyance.

weavejo1

English
    Thanks for the help. I think it was meant;

I also demand that you go to my party, ha.

(ja = ha laughing) she was refering to a birthday party...

'I have erased it already, I'm going to think about the private party, ja'

the "erased" reffers to an earlier email... and now I'm wondering if the last part was replying to sexual pass made the other person to have a "private party" together, any thoughts?

Broccolicious

English - England
    Yes, JD is right - without the context, it's impossible to say.

We say 'delete' an email rather than 'erase'... which we would have said if we'd known it was about an email. Please could you include as much context as possible?

And if it's laughter, we would write 'haha' rather than just 'ha'.

< Previous | Next >