fill , refill a prescription

LOLBee

English, USA
As usual, it is the simple tasks of everyday life that present the greatest challenges for me. I need to go to the pharmacy to fill a prescription, for the first time since I moved to Brussels. And I realize that I have no idea how to say "fill a prescription" in French. I am sure there is a standard phrase, but I can't find it in this dictionnary or in the others I have checked.

Thanks,

• Lezert

french, France
    Je ne sais pas s'il y a une expression aussi simple en français
    moi, je vais chercher les médicaments de l'ordonnance à la pharmacie ...

sophty

French, France
    En fait, le pharmacien délivre les médicaments sur l'ordonnance.
    En regardant une ordonnance certains inscrivent délivré le ....

LOLBee

English, USA
    I think that's right. The doctor gave me the prescription, but the pharmacy needs to give me the medicine. I liked Lezert's suggestion -- je vais chercher les medicaments de l'ordonnance. And I will ask the person at the pharmacy what is the right way to say this and let you know the response.

Thanks,

Fred_C

Français
    C'est le docteur qui délivre l'ordonnance, non?
    Non. Dans le vocabulaire de la profession, les médicaments ne sont pas "vendus" par le pharmacien, ils sont "délivrés".
    de même, "délivrer" une ordonnance signifie "délivrer" les médicaments qui y sont prescrits.
    Le médecin (Je préfère dire le "médecin", et pas "*le docteur") "rédige" l'ordonnance.

Icetrance

US English
    En plus du verbe "délivrer/faire délivrer", on pourra dire également:

Un pharmacien remplit une ordonnance.

On fait remplir une ordonnance chez/par un pharmacien.

Un pharmacien prépare une ordonnance.

On fait préparer une ordonnance chez/par un pharmacien.

cocorico

France/USA - francais/anglais
    Dear LOLBee,

Oh, I can understand you sooo well.
    Just go to the pharmacy. Present the paper (called "ordonnance") and ask:
    "Pourrai-je avoir ces medicaments, s'il vous plait?" - mais ca fait "bon eleve".
    "Est-ce que je pourrai avoir ca, s'il vous plait?" - and you'll have a chance to blend with the locals.
    Have fun in Brussels - Enjoy the mussels and french fries! ;-)

wildan1

Moderando ma non troppo (French-English, CC Mod)
    And how would you refill a prescription? -- i.e., your doctor's prescription allows you to refill the prescription x times in a year.

I would like to get a refill of my prescription for X.
    Je voudrais faire _____ de ma prescription... ?
    (Je sèche)

Icetrance

US English
    "Faire renouveler son ordonnance" would mean that you're going to the doctor's to get a new prescription.

To say that you want a "prescription refilled a the pharmacy", you can say "Je voudrais faire préparer un renouvellement (sur mon ordonnance/ma prescription, s'il m'en reste lol).

There may be other ways to say it, but that's how I've seen it.

< Previous | Next >