filler in the teardrop

< Previous | Next >

gaby91

Spanish- Venezuela
Hello, everyone.

I'm translating a reality show about plastic surgery and the doctor says "I did a little hyaluronic acid or filler in the teardrop to kind of soften that angleI did a little hyaluronic acid or filler in the teardrop to kind of soften that angle"

I only find teardrop referring to a tear when people cry but in this case it refers to a part of the body below the eyes (the doctor ponits to his face close to cheek when he talks about it) and I can't find the name in spanish. ¿Is there a specific name or is it ok if I just write "debajo de los ojos"?

Thanks in advance!

• hansonpm

English - US
    Hello, everyone.

I'm translating a reality show about plastic surgery and the doctor says "I did a little hyaluronic acid or filler in the teardrop to kind of soften that angleI did a little hyaluronic acid or filler in the teardrop to kind of soften that angle"

I only find teardrop referring to a tear when people cry but in this case it refers to a part of the body below the eyes (the doctor ponits to his face close to cheek when he talks about it) and I can't find the name in spanish. ¿Is there a specific name or is it ok if I just write "debajo de los ojos"?

Thanks in advance!
    Are you sure he didn't say "tear DUCT"? (Conducto lagrimal) Which would be verbal shorthand for "the area around the tear duct," because obviously you don't want to put filler in the duct itself. But for a lay audience you could just say "in the corner of the eye."

gaby91

Spanish- Venezuela
    I'm sure it's "teardrop". That's why I'm confused, and that's what the script says. I thought of "lacrimal" but I'm not sure it's right.

hansonpm

English - US
    I'm sure it's "teardrop". That's why I'm confused, and that's what the script says. I thought of "lacrimal" but I'm not sure it's right.
    Is it a script as in something written beforehand that they were reading, or is it a transcription made from a recording?

If the latter, maybe the transcriber heard him wrong, or maybe he misspoke. Teardrop does not refer to a part of the body in English.

< Previous | Next >