films of gospel testimonies from Christians

< Previous | Next >

Helen White

Chinese - Taiwanese
Hello everyone,
I read my friend's essay and saw this sentence:
1. Here is a collection of films of gospel testimonies from Christians who have been experiencing God’s work of salvation.
The bold part made me a little bit confused. I think it is not idiomatic. What do you think about it? Does it make sense to you? I need your help. To make it more understandable, I wrote two sentences as follow. Are they more idiomatic? Thank you.
2. Here is a collection of gospel testimony movies of how Christians experienced God’s work of salvation.
3. Here is a collection of gospel testimony movies of Christians who have been experiencing God’s work of salvation.

• Helen White

Chinese - Taiwanese
    Is it a matter of syntax or meaning? Your versions have not the same meaning as the original sentence.
    Hello arundhati, it is a matter of syntax. Oh, could you help me with the difference between the original sentence and my verses? Thanks.

arundhati

French - France
    In the original sentence, the testimonies are from Christians.
    In your versions, we don't know really if they are from the Christians you talk about. You create the words group "gospel testimony movies" as if it was a kind of movie... I don't really understand what is your problem with the original sentence, it's indeed not really "idiomatic", but it doesn't mean it's not correct.

< Previous | Next >