filone di committenze

gettingby

Am. English
Hello again,
I'm a bit uncertain despite having found this term in the dictionary.
"si tratta di opere di artisti senesi che celebrano “in provincia” e a distanza di un secolo la tradizione della pittura cittadina dei maestri trecenteschi a dimostrazione di un filone di committenze della nascente aristocrazia agraria."

My attempt:
These are works of local fifteenth century Sienese artists who celebrate their province, emulating the painting style of local masters a century before their time in works that display a common thread of commissions issued by the rising land-owning nobility.

It sounds just terrible to me. Any ideas?

• Lazzini

There is a large chunk of guesswork in this attempt, but nevertheless...

These are works by Sienese artists celebrating the townscape tradition of the 14th Century masters a century later and with a rural focus, evidence of a common thread of commissions by the growing land-owning nobility.

rrose17

Canada, English
    Just playing a little with the already fine translations with a little breath in the middle.
    These are works of 14th century Sienese artists paying homage to their province. They are done in the style of masters that came a hundred years earlier, and demonstrate the common thread of commissions by burgeoning aristocratic land owners.

Incommunicado

italiano
    These are works of 14th century Sienese artists paying homage to their province. They are done in the style of masters that came a hundred years earlier, and demonstrate the common thread of commissions by burgeoning aristocratic land owners.

Hello rrose17 and excuse me for jumping in in such an old thread, but I honestly feel that your contribution misses one specific thing from the original passage.

"si tratta di opere di artisti senesi che celebrano “in provincia” e a distanza di un secolo la tradizione della pittura cittadina dei maestri trecenteschi a dimostrazione di un filone di committenze della nascente aristocrazia agraria."

The more I read it, the more I'm sure that “in provincia” means exactly what it looks like, i.e. out of and far from the city; the province here is not the object of the celebration, as it appears from your paying homage to their province.
    To my understanding, it is "la tradizione della pittura cittadina dei maestri trecenteschi" which is being celebrated, not the province.

They must have been Sienese artists who operated out of Siena, in agricultural estates outside the city; indeed, the clients/commissioners were the rising landowners.