"Financeable", "financeability"......???

< Previous | Next >

david 33

France
"Financeable", "financeability"......??? Could you help me to understand these sentences? I need to translate them into French.

"From the stadium owner’s standpoint, the longer the contract term, the more financeable the contract will be."
And: "The financial strength of the naming rights partner can effect the financeability of the contract."
Thanks a lot...

• cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    Hello David,
    We ask for context. It makes it easier, or possible, to understand the intentions of a sentence. In the absence of
    context, you may get a few guesses, of dubious accuracy and utility.

Here is one such guess: If a city plans to build a stadium, and contracts with a team to play there, they may be able to use that contract as a form of collateral, to attract financing for stadium construction.

That may be entirely wrong!

Please give us some context and background information.

david 33

France
    Ok, I will try. So these sentences are quite difficult to translate into French cause it's in a legal context. The context might be:

Naming rights sponsorships are fairly long term in nature because, in terms of branding, it is important that the stadium name not change too frequently. The term is generally 10 to 25 years, or longer, in the U.S., and 5 to 15 years in Europe. From the stadium owner’s standpoint, the longer the contract term, the more financeable the contract will be. The stadium owner must also consider how well the sponsor’s brand might fit with the stadium, as well as evaluate the financial stability of a potential sponsor. The financial strength of the naming rights partner can effect the financeability of the contract. There are many examples in the U.S. of large sums of money being offered for the naming rights of a sports facility and then the sponsor going into bankruptcy, sometimes even before opening day.
    Many thanks!!

cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    Thanks for the added text David,

It's still not very clear what the author means by 'financeable', but my guess is still that the anticipated income stream from the stadium naming sponsor will serve as a kind of collateral, to attract cash financing of either the stadium or some other project.

david 33

France
    Even it is definitely too complicated, I am going to try translating from your standpoint.
    Thanks a lot!!!

< Previous | Next >